Monday, January 11, 2010

a comment on the cranes


Making 1,000 paper cranes is a Japanese tradition for good luck. I remember helping to fold them for my Aunt's wedding. I think it would be a nice gesture to have at our wedding and I think that my family wants to help fold (get started early!). I just need to find a good place to work them in to the wedding, be it in the table decorations, the ceremony decor, or somewhere else.

One thought on that -what about arranging the strands as a curtain for the background of a photo-booth? Too rude for something that symbolic? Or neat because then they would be incredibly well documented in photos?
here's a nice photo-booth set up from Martha Stewart Weddings. I've seen cute ones where chalkboards are provided for messages... perhaps an alternative to a guest book?



2 comments:

  1. the chalkboard idea sounds really fun! but doesn't have the permanence of a written book.

    a photobooth would be so fun! sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photobooth idea, and with the cranes as a backdrop :) I don't think they'll be too busy or cheesy. All together they'll probably make an interesting texture.

    I actually don't really like that photobooth picture. The lace stripes bother me for some reason- maybe because they overpower the bride's dress...? I'm sure your photobooth will be waaay cooler. Also- I'm noticing a golden hued theme on this blog- love it.

    ReplyDelete